Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Maverickgb Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can I Replace a Keyboard(Non-Backlit) with Backlit Keyboard in my HP EliteBook 850 G2??

EliteBook 850 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone, I can do this upgrade?  Can I Replace a Keyboard(Non-Backlit) with Backlit Keyboard in my HP EliteBook 850 G2?

thanks

2 REPLIES
Dean
Dean
11043 573 1598
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can I Replace a Keyboard(Non-Backlit) with Backlit Keyboard in my HP EliteBook 850 G2??

If your computer is a "desktop" computer, it should be a "no-brainer".

The USB port on your computer would supply power to the keyboard to run the back-lights.

But, since you have a notebook, you'll have to find a keyboard that physically matches the size of your current keyboard, and then hope that the notebook's motherboard will supply electrical power to the back-lights.

This sounds like a tough task!

From:  http://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetPDF.aspx/c04472797.pdf

>>  Full-sized spill-resistant keyboard; optional back-lit keyboard keeps you productive in low-light settings

lists that such an option is available, or maybe, was available when this model was first manufactured.

From: http://h20628.www2.hp.com/km-ext/kmcsdirect/emr_na-c04551620-2.pdf

Keyboard with backlight and pointing sick for use only on HP EliteBook 850 G2 Notebook PC and HP EliteBook 750 G2 Notebook PC computer models (includes backlight, keyboard, and pointing stick cables):

For use in Canada

776475-DB1

0 Kudos
Maverickgb Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thanks for the reply

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation