Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Can I install a SSD drive on a HP Pavilion g6 1005-sq ?

HP Recommended
Pavilion G6 1005-sq
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have a HP Pavilion G6 1005-sq and I thought about upgrading the hard drive to a solid state one.

Is SSD supported by this model ? 

Thanks,

Daniel.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
42,761 42,550 6,799 11,874
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yeah. No problem.

See page 45 of the Manual here:

Service Manual

You can install any 2.5 inch wide SATA SSD. Samsung Evo 850 is a good one widely available on amazon.com and elsewhere. Get at least a 240 gig model. Smaller than that creates installation problems for software and is too small to use comfortably for very long. 

Windows 7 or higher will "just work" with an SSD; no need to tinker with BIOS or registry. Post back if you need help with software migration/reinstallation. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation