Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
kristin01 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can I replace my standard keyboard with a backlit one?

Pavilion 15-ab212cy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have watched videos about replacing keyboards and installing backlit ones in place of the standard, and was wondering if it were possible to install one that is backlit on my Pavilion 15 ab212cy. My old laptop bit the dust and I received this new one as a gift and it has everything I need, but I do wish the keys were backlit as I do a lot of my school work in dim lighting to avoid disturbing my roomate, as well as online streaming and gaming at night. Thanks in advace! I really hope I can get one installed.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY
Provost Provost
Provost
23540 3288 7769
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can I replace my standard keyboard with a backlit one?

@kristin01

That would be the top cover with backlit keyboard.

Your manual here.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04775872

Start on page 18.

REO

*****************Click the Blue thumb to say thanks*****************
******Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem******
Microsoft Registered Refurbisher and Registered Microsoft Partner
****************No stinking badges only SOLUTIONS!!!****************
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation