Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
piloting03 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can I upgrade my graphics card?

Pavilion touchsmart
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I have an hp pavilion 15 laptop running the AMD 10 and Radeon HD 8610G and was wondering if I could upgrade my graphics card to a higher quality or is it integrated?

thank you

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
71720 8660 18648
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Normally over 90% of consumers laptops won't have this kind of upgrade. I don't know model/product of your hp pavilion 15 laptop but I can answer No you can't because this is impossible or very hard and cost more $$ in comparision with the price of a new machine.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
Teacher Teacher
Teacher
72 8 19
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi , 

Could you please check the list of graphics card supported with unit from the pdf given below :

http://www.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04439615.pdf

Have a look at graphics card at Chapter 1 product description >> Graphics category

I am an HP Employee

Please click “Accept as Solution” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the same solution.
Click the “Thumbs Up” to say “Thanks” for helping!

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
71720 8660 18648
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Sorry I have to jump in again and AGAIN I don't know this machine therefore I still say on my experiences.

From the book which @Sidharth-A post, on Chapter 1 you can see many graphics options BUT you need to read page 77 too. Changing graphics would require changing motherboard and guess what: buying a new machine is much better and no need to buy Aspirin.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation