cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Lagertha
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can I use an external hard drive for my Stream??

Stream 11d010wm
Microsoft Windows 8 (32-bit)

My stream is almost out of room.  I figured this would happen sooner or later since I didn't have room to download Windows10.  Can I purchase an external hard drive, and download all software for to it (even W10)?

Presently I have a couple of games downloaded along w/antivirus and such.  Your help is greatly appreciated.

Desperate in Texas

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Level 17
Level 17
40,557 40,344 6,327 11,022
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can I use an external hard drive for my Stream??

It is a bit difficult to actually run software from an external drive. The better bet is to put in an SD card and use that as a second hard drive in the laptop. You can move music, movies, pictures, docs to it and then also install programs to it. Post back if that holds any interest. 

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation