Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Anyways thanks
HP Recommended
Once my exams are over in 8-10 months , I will replace my laptop's graphic card.
And when I do , I will definitely share it with the forum. That day I'm gonna show you that sometimes even an amateur can do better than expert .
HP Recommended

i agree. i love hp as a brand but i got the ENVY 17t j000 Quad edition, fully maxed and i have the gt 740m, which is garbage. i wanna upgrade also to the gtx 780 or gtx 780m but i dont know if i can. it sucks to pay 1700 bucks for a super-machine wid a mediocre video card. wats the point? we can afford expensive cards so atleast give us the option to select it. hp is bugging out mane

HP Recommended

Well, I think you are both right. There is actually no way to seperate that specific embedded chip from that specific motherboard. However, looking at that service manual that he posted, on page 96 it shows the part number you have. to be:

720267-501   Equipped with the Intel HM87 Express chipset, the Nvidia N14P-GT (GeForce 750M) graphics card 

subsystem with 2GB of DISCRETE MEMORY (meaning that you should be able to allocate

some more to it somehow), and the Windows 8 standard operating system.

or

720269-501   Equipped with the Intel HM77 Express chipset, the Nvidia N14P-GT (GeForce 750M) graphics card 

subsystem with 2GB of DISCRETE MEMORY and the Windows 8 standard operating system. You

should also be able to allocate more memory to this version

Notice neither one include LEAP MOTION. There are also a host of different combinations of these product numbers depending on:

1. If you have leap motion or not.

2. Which operating system you have:

Windows 8 standard

Windows 8 PRO

Linux

3.Which type of memory or graphics card you have:

UMA or Uniform Memory Access (Your RAM is shared to the video processor, normally the CPU. Known as intel HD

Geforce (750M) 2GB

Geforce (750M) 4GB

4. Your Chipset.

H87    <click me

H77    <click me

So I know that was long winded but the point that I have is you ARE right and he IS right. You can swap out your motherboard for

736481-501           Equipped with the Intel HM87 Express chipset, the Nvidia N14P-GT (GeForce 750M) graphics

subsystem with 4-GB of discrete memory, and the Windows 8 Standard operating system for

use only on computer models equipped with Leap Motion capability.

But it does say you have to have Leap Motion, IDK might still work however. It would keep asking you to install a driver or something probably. If you do have Leap Motion however this would definately be the way to go.

Hey the internet has them for  > sale < only $282. Heck, if you do that you might as well buy the

LEAP MOTION SENSOR ( 736480-001) and either stick it somewhere inside your cover or (gently) dremel a place to mount below the keyboard. You would probably be good to go if you find a place to put that, and for a little over $300 you could upgrade it possibly. Make sure you get the correct operating system tho, as your computer registers your product key in the BIOS i think. Dont take my word for that tho.

Goodluck if you go this route, and please post back with pics if you do. I would love to see a 1700 laptop ripped apart and upgraded.

HP Recommended
well, how did the GPU replacement go?
HP Recommended

plz tell me that you did it and how ? cause i have same probleme like you i have envy17 i7 16 ram and 960 gforce . the graphic cart is so bad and i have to change it . this pc is srsly failure for me i lost so much money for it and now cant run a good game

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.