Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Tutor
Message 1 of 2 (157 Views)

Can load UBUNTU but NOT the 4 Discs I paid 75 dollars I paid HP for RECOVERY and Install.

Product Name: Mxd-5
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

One of the posts said it is a bad HD but this is 2 months old and worked fine and works fine when I load UBUNTU, ZORIN, and even a Microsoft 8.1 ISO but not the 75.00 4 disc recovery and Install discs I paid HP that should of been included in the original purchase.

I put disc one in and it goes to 30 percent then I get

REDUCER

Copy File Fails

From E:\Preload\BASE5.SWM

to  C:\RM|IMAGE|BASE5.SWM

Again I can CD load UBUNTU ZORIN or Microsoft 8.1 ISO from Microsoft site BUT I loose all the things I paid HP for such as my Finger Print Reader. I feel like I got FLEECED twice but HP.    Help PLease

0 Kudos
Dean
Message 2 of 2 (123 Views)

Re: Can load UBUNTU but NOT the 4 Discs I paid 75 dollars I paid HP for RECOVERY and Install.

Hello,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support forum.

The issue happens because:

- either HDD is corrupted

or

- the recovery media disc is corrupted , badly created, etc...

Source > http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03483233

The second reason (rec.media) is more likely as this is a new PC and you managed to install other OS.

Please, test your HDD

1. Please, shutdown the computer using the power button

2. Power it on.

2.1 As soon as you press the power-on button, immediately begin hitting the Esc button (like tap-tap-tap).

This should open a HP Startup Menu which may look similar to this one

3. Choose F2 to open System Diagnostics. Follow the on-screen instructions to perform HDD test

Let me know the test results.

If HDD tests pass, please contact HP or the vendor you purchased the recovery media from . Ask for a replacement set

Hope this helps :)

**** You may click the Thumb_UP_plus button and the Accept_as_solution to give Kudos and Solutions ****

I am not employed by HP Inc. I express personal opinion only **** I work in IT and cyber security
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation