Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
jhonexx1995 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can my HP 15-r201ne notebook-PC upgrade ram up to 8gb?

15-r201ne notebook-PC
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

i want to upgrade my HP r201ne notebook-PC laptop RAM up to 8gb, but I don't know if it is ok of it, please give me some clear answer to my question....

0 Kudos
1 REPLY
Provost Provost
Provost
37072 5593 9641
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can my HP 15-r201ne notebook-PC upgrade ram up to 8gb?

Yes in fact it can take up to 16 gigs. See the Manual here:

Manual

You have an i3 processor which means you have 2 memory slots and each can take a DDR3L-1600 laptop memory module. You now have a single 4 gig module so you can have 8 by just adding another 4 gig module. 

Now, unfortunately, the less wonderful news. See p. 76 of the Manual. Memory upgrade requires a complete tear-down and removal of the motherboard. We can also find you a youtube video to help, probably, but this is not for the uninitiated to try. Post back if you need any more help. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation