Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Tutor
Message 1 of 5 (7,770 Views)
Accepted Solution

Can not create recovery disk

I just bought this laptop friday CQ50-142.  Today I wated to create the recovery disks for it.  I go though the steps that stated in the flier that came with my laptops paper work.  When I try to create the recovery disk I am getting this error. "A set of recovery discs has been created for this PC. Only one set is allowed per PC." I have never setup a set of recovery disks for the laptop.  I do not know I am getting this error. 

How do I create my recovery disks? 

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: Can not create recovery disk

Did you have anyone set up your notebook for you?  Was it new or open-box?

You could try running this patch and trying it again...or call HP Technical Support at 18004746836
View solution in context
Highlighted
Regents Professor
Message 2 of 5 (7,760 Views)

Did you have anyone set up your notebook for you?  Was it new or open-box?

You could try running this patch and trying it again...or call HP Technical Support at 18004746836
Tutor
Message 3 of 5 (7,740 Views)

Thanks for your help.  I called suport after that patch did not work.  Got transfered to Springfield MO and they are sending me out the disks at no charge. Smiley Happy  The only other option I had was to bring my system back to scrach again to make them. 
Tutor
Message 4 of 5 (7,497 Views)

delete the file hpcd.sys in your c drive and recovery partition hard drive.  you'll be able to create another set.

a problem with the disks hp sends out it that restoring your system will take 5 - 6 hours, compared to 3 hours for disks you create for your machine.  something to think about. 

Tutor
Message 5 of 5 (7,424 Views)

What folder is that file in?  I even did a serch of hidden files and it does not find it. 
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation