Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Envy X2
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have tried to update to windows 10 creator but everything fails (had contact with Microsoft about it)

At the end I had to erase everything and start a clean installation with a bootable USB. 

This was also failing and all the partitions are cleaned up. (including the system and recover partitions ) 

I have tried to install the BIOS again (sp69946.exe)  but the installation on a bootable USB-stick fails with an error: 

IHISI: Get support mode fail in SMI! and a second error: BIOS did not support InsydeFlash!

Is there someone how can help me please?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@H-JH

Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP Envy X2. I understand that you are unable to do windows 10 creator update and you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting. 

However, I will need a few details to provide an accurate solution,

• Please provide the product number of the HP Envy X2 notebook.

Meanwhile :

• Recover the bios.
  • Click here and download the document to restore the BIOS.
  • And run hardware test to check for hardware failures.
  • Click here and follow the document to run test.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers,

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Sandytechy20,

First of all thanks for your reply.

The productnumber is: HP ENVY x2 11-g000ed

I've tried (also several times before) to install the BIOS recovery on an USB-stick but again, also with your link, while installing on the USB-stick,  I'll get two errors:

"IHISI: Get support mode fail in SMI!" and after OK a second error: "BIOS did not support InsydeFlash!".

Please give me another 'right' link or a solution to avoid these errors so I can install the BOIS recovery on an USB-Stick.

You give me also a link to check the rest of the laptop.

I've done it a serveral days before I've lost the BIOS and got no errors. 

After loosing the BIOS I can only check the memory and Hard disk. (or change the language).

While installing the newest creators-update of windows 10 I need to select a partition. But I also got the uppertunity to remove, format etc. of all the partitions of the hardisk (6). There where a severall mention as (dutch) herstel, system, primary, recovery etc.  At almost the end of the installation, I got an error and automaticly return to the start of the installation: (dutch) "De opstartconfiguratie van de computer kan niet opgeslagen worden. De installatie kan niet doorgaan." Something like: "The startconfiguration of the computer can not be safed. The installation will stop."

So I got the uppertunity (windows install) to remove all of the partitions, format etc.

I removed all of the partitions are now all called : primary

Why? because I can and hoped that the windows installation will now save the configuration.

Because of this action the laptop is now dead, the sorftware will not install and all I can do is:

F2: system Diagnostics...........

I hope you got all the information you need to help me out.

cheers,

Henk-Jan

HP Recommended

Hello, @H-JH

I see that you were interacting with @sandytechy20. I would like to jump in with a suggestion!

Going through your post, it looks like a complete recovery is the only option left. Press "Esc" key while starting up the PC and check if you are getting the startup menu. If it comes up, then press F11 and perform a recovery from there.

System recovery is the last step to troubleshoot this issue. This option reformats the system drive (usually C:), reinstalls the original operating system and reinstalls all the original hardware drivers and software. All you save files will be lost and your computer will be formatted to the day you purchased the machine.

Go to http://hp.care/2d8t85o and follow the steps under "Recovery when Windows 10 does not start correctly" to perform the recovery.

If the recovery partition is not available, then you will require recovery media to perform a recovery. If you have created recovery media when you purchased the laptop, use that to perform a recovery.

Let me know if that helps!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.