cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HaniefZach
6 5 0 0
Message 1 of 11
Flag Post

Solved!

Can't Install Drivers

HP Recommended

Hello HP Techs, need some help. i've just bought an HP 15-g005AX and i've installed Windows 8 pro 64 bit OS, however, i can't install wireless driver on my laptop. Do i need to install any drivers first? Thanks.

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
130,007 120,184 19,671 30,063
Message 2 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended
HaniefZach
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 3 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

is there any drivers pack for that laptop model? i've not found my laptop model on HP site. Im using the model that runs on AMD Radeon Graphic HD8570M. The one that i've found on HP site was using Nvidia Graphics.

0 Kudos
HaniefZach
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 4 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thanks for the driver. There's another problem, on windows device manager i got these exclamation marks on other devices segment:

-PCI Device

-PCI Encryption/Decryption Controller

-Unknown Device

-Unknown Device

-Video Controller

are these problems related to drivers?

0 Kudos
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 5 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes those devices all need drivers and it may be hard to find them for W8.

See if this works...

AMD did not develop any graphics drivers for W8 for the GPU in your model.

Graphics (Video Controller).  This is the W8.1 driver.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/mobile?os=Windows%208.1%20-%2064

If this driver works, then I will try and find the rest of the ones you need.

For now, I am not going to waste my time researching this if you can't get the graphics to work using the above driver.

There would be absolutely no point.

I suggest since you can connect to the internet, that you take the free upgrade to W8.1 Pro and use the W8.1 drivers from your notebook's support and driver page.

HaniefZach
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 6 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I've installed the graphics driver and it worked. Thanks.
0 Kudos
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 7 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That is good news...

Here are some of the other drivers you need.

PCI Device:

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5359416&swItemId=ob_134503_1&swEnvOid=413...

PCI Encryption/Decryption Controller:

Try this driver...If it doesn't install the device automatically, try the manual install as follows...

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=vc_134262_1

Go to the device manager and click on the PCI Encryption/Decryption Controller needing a driver.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update Driver.  Select the Browse my computer for driver software option and browse to the driver folder that was created when you ran the file.

That folder will be located in C:\SWSetup\sp66715.

Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked and see if the driver installs that way.

One of the unknown devices is probably this...

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5359416&swItemId=ob_124774_1&swEnvOid=413...

I will need the hardware ID from the other unknown device and if the above driver doesn't install the other one, then I will need the hardware ID for that too.

To find the hardware ID for a device, go to the device manager and click on the unknown device needing a driver.

Then click on the Details tab at the top of the Unknown Device window.

Now you see a Property drop down list and it is defaulted to Device Description.

Drop down on that list and select the second item (Hardware ID's).

Post the top string of characters you see in the window.

HaniefZach
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 8 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The device ID for the other unknown devices is ACPI\VEN_ASD&DEV_0001. 

0 Kudos
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 9 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if the driver I attached works.  Unzip it to a folder and manually install it.

HaniefZach
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 10 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you very much. All of the drivers are installed. Thanks again for the help and support. 

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation