Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
SiskoKid Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can't access certain websites

Pavilion
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I can't access certain websites (like aol.com) even tho other devices on my network can. I've tried using different browsers with the same result. I tried all the solutions I could find online (ex: clearing cache, turning off firewall, etc) I even did a factory restore of Windows 7 on my machine and it had no effect.

1 REPLY
Retired
Retired
228 19 37
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can't access certain websites

Hello @SiskoKid,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums!  You have come to the right place to ask questions, find solutions and get help from others in the community!

I understand that you are having issues accessing various websites even when using different browsers on your Pavilion notebook. Please provide the product number for your system.

When you did the factory restore, was that back to a previous date or was it a complete reinstall of Windows? What are you using for anti-virus/malware protection software?

If you haven't already done so, please ensure you have all the available Windows updates and latest HP drivers. Some sites also require updates for Flash Player.

This document will help you troubleshoot the network and internet connections.

To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below!   If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help.

Thanks!

Please click the Thumbsup.JPG below to show you like/appreciate my post or to simply say thanks!

Please share what worked for you with others by marking the post as solved by clicking the Accept as Solution button.

Thanks - I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation