cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Zubranya Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can't adjust brightness at HP ENVY 15 Notebook PC after upgrade to Windows 10

HP ENVY 15 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi!

I can't adjust brightness at HP ENVY 15 Notebook PC after upgrading to Windows 10.

Neither by F2/F3 buttons (I even don't see any animation), nor by any regular Windows' way. It's always maximum.

I've updated all available HP drivers from the HP site and from Windows Update.

I have one more point about it. I've changed the brocken screen  at the laptop. Screen works properly except brightness. I had Windows 8.1 before and brightness adjustment worked properly on the old screen. I didn't try to change the brightness on Windows 8.1 when I changed the new screen, so I can't tell you if it worked properly on the W8.1 and new screen. I've updated the system exactly after changing the screen.

Does anybody know how to fix it? 

Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Zubranya Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Got it! No HP issue, this is the solution

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXV9Aw9jApI#t=222.572786

0 Kudos
OzFitzy Honor Student
Honor Student
1 1 0 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

As above, same deal, after upgrade to Win10 the screen brightness buttons didn't work and the screen was dull.  All stated options all over the web to fix it pointed to the driver. However, the update driver option said I had the latest driver installed. All that was left was to either rollback to the previous driver (which might work) except that option was greyed out.  So I took the plunge and deleted the driver.

Magic. It merely now thought that I had some generic installation and the brightness up-down sliders worked again. Screen is perfect.  Didn't reinstall anything. All is well in the world.  Whew!

Yezzmaniak Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you OzFitzy. I did a driver rollback and my problems (no brightness control or HDMI output) were fixed.

This is the first time a Windows rollback feature actually had any positive effect for me. Thanks!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation