Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 15-AB522TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I removed factory installed Windows 10 OS and installed Kali Linux 2.0 in my HP Ab522tx notebook .Now I urgently want to revert back to Windows 10 using the Windows 10 recovery installation DVD. But unfortunately, while booting up "Boot from CD/DVD" is nowhere to be found in the Boot device options. I disabled the secure boot and tried to change the boot order to INTERNAL CD/DVD DRIVE, but still my laptop is not booting up from CD/DVD and still "Boot from CD/DVD"  option is not showing up in Boot Device Options. I have been trying to solve this for 15-20 days now but to no end result.

Guys Please help!

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Is it a restore disk you made from the HP Backup and Recovery app? 

Sometimes those just are corrupted or don't work and yours may just not be bootable. I suggest you make a bootable usb stick Windows 10 installer from the Microsoft Media Creation Tool site. 

Windows 10 will just install and activate from the Microsoft activation servers. They "just know" your computer and will activate on first internet connection. 

We can help you get drivers and some apps rom this website. 

HP Recommended

First of all thanks for your valuable suggestion. Yes i made recovery dvds(6 dvds) using HP Backup and Recovery app and I even tried another genuine set of recovery dvds of my colleague but up to no good. I am downloading Windows 10 to make a bootable usb stick, lets see where it takes me. Fingers crossed!

HP Recommended

I reinstalled Windows 10 Home on my machine. But there is a problem regarding activation of the Windows , the Windows Activation Troubleshooter says : (attachment).How to fix this?Capture.JPGs

HP Recommended

This is saying you installed something other than Windows 10 Home Single Language. Did you maybe install Pro? I have seen update Codes for Home to Pro on eBay for like $10. 

HP Recommended

I didn't install Windows Pro, its just Windows 10 Home(x64) and they are saying you have license for Windows 10 home single language. But I mean What's the difference when I already have a valid license for Windows 10 Home Single Language

HP Recommended

I have never seen an installation of Windows 10 Home Single Language but apparently it is distinct from plain old Windows 10 Home. Apparently the Windows you had on it before is Windows 10 Home Single Lanaguage and that is what has to be reinstalled. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.