Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Boonlee Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can't connect to wifi

HP 14 notebook
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
I am using HP 14 notebook with the window of 8.1 and 64-bit operating system, Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn wifi adapter with the driver v5.0.37.0 can't connect to wifi although it can detect the available wifi. What can I do to solve the problem? I had tried to disable the wifi adapter and enable again, format laptop but still cannot solve the problem.
0 Kudos
1 REPLY
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16542 952 2191
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can't connect to wifi

Hi @Boonlee,

Thank you all the information on what you have done. If the HP 14 Notebook detects Wireless that means the adapter is working.

Here is a link to troubleshoot the Wireless.

I would change the Channel on the router. Routers are capable of communicating to your Notebook on several different channels. If your neighbours Wi-Fi is  on the same channel, your network speeds might have issues.

Try opening Device Manager, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking Device Manager. In Device Manager, locate the network adapters, and then double-click the device name.
Click the Driver tab, and then click uninstall Driver. Please remove all the network adapters. Restart the computer.

Please let me know how this goes.

You can say thanks for trying to help by clicking the Thumbs Up below!.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation