cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Level 2
32 29 0 1
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can't reverse Action Keys (fn) for Envy X2 13-j020ca

Envy X2 13-j020ca
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi everyone. Let's fix all my issues with my Envy x2 13-j020ca today! 

Until today, all my previous HP notebooks were able to reverse the action keys (fn function) keys in the BIOS.

On this particular device, that option does not appear in the BIOS and I can't figure out any way to fix it.

On the Surface Pro 3, you can just press on FN+Caps Lock and it fixes it but not on this.

I'm tired of turning on my backlight instead of refreshing so some help would really be appreciated!!

Here is my FN+ESC info:
Product name:HP ENVY x2 Detachable PC 13
BIOS:F.0D-12/25/2014
Keyboard revision:94.1A
Total memory:8.00 GB
Processor name:Intel(R) Processor 5Y70 CPU @ 1.10GHz

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
14,461 14,098 715 1,906
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @davidjwnam 

Thank you for your query.

I grasp you would like to reverse the action key but were unable to locate that option in the bios.

Have you ran the  HP Support Assistant  to assist with any recommended updates?

When I checked the driver page for your notebook, I did notice there is a bios update. Have you done that yet?

Because updating the bios does have a potential to cause damage I suggest contacting HP support for assistance with that process if you have not yet done it.

Updating the BIOS

Here is a link to the User Guide   for your notebook. Please note chapter 6 page 41.

If you do not see that option in the bios after updating, then it is not available on this model.

Please call our technical support at 800 474 6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get a support number for your region.

World Wide Phone Support

Good Luck!

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
32 29 0 1
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi. Yes I updated the bios to the latest version as listed in my first post.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi David,

Were you able to find a solution?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
14,461 14,098 715 1,906
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @einBerliner,

Welcome to the HP Forums!:smileyhappy:

It is a terrific place to find answers and tips!

For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide.

Learn How to Post and More

If you have updated the bios and you do not see that option in the bios then it is not available on this model.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Sparkles1,

according to this manual:

The action key feature is enabled at the factory. You can disable this feature in Setup Utility (BIOS). See Using Setup Utility (BIOS) and HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) on page 57 for instructions on opening Setup Utility (BIOS), and then follow the instructions at the bottom of the screen.

As @davidjwnam pointed out, his BIOS was up to date, yet it didn't work out.

The thing is that updating BIOS takes time and is somewhat risky, so I wouldn't like to do it unless it is known for sure that the current version does indeed contain the needed feature.

Does the most current BIOS version contain the needed feature?

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation