Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have HP Probook 450 G2 and my Computer wants to upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. But when it begins the upgrade process, I get the message, that 'HP Client Security manager' isn't compatible with Windows 10 and that it must be uninstalled. In order to uninstall it, I first must uninstall HP drive encryption. But to uninstall 'HP drive encryption' all partitions must be decrypted. I have two partition encrypted. hp drive encryption successfully decyrpted C partition with windows, but it can't decrypt H: partition (it has 60 GB data from my dropbox account).

In Drive security it says H partition it's decyrpting, but there are no %. Only gray bar. It's been so for 5 days now. I tried to encrypt the H partition again and it did it in 1 second. After the reboot there was a sign Encrypted next to the partition lettter. I than again tried to decrypt H partition and it again won't do it. There' s only a gray bar without % and a sentence that partition is beeing decrypted next to the drive letter.

I must decrypt this partition in order to uninstall 'HP drive encryption'. 'HP drive encryption' must be uninstaled in order to uninstall 'HP Client Securtiy Manager'. 'HP Client Securtiy Manager' must be uninstalled in order to upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I had some unlocated space on disk. Created a new partition. Copied data from H: partition to the new partition. Removed the H: partition in disk manager. HP drive encryption automatically detected the new unencrypted partition and that the old encyrted one wasn't there anymore. Uninstalled HP drive encryption.

Encyrption login window (WinMagic’s Pre-boot UEFI) (before the windows login) was automatically removed.

FilterBootOrder (FBO) variable was automatically removed as well after the uninstall of HP drive encryption.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

If D partition is the HP recovery partition you can remove or format that partition in Disk Management, it will be rendered useless after the W10 upgrade anyhow.

Did you make your HP recovery media yet? If not you need to do so before deleting that partition, Just in case you want to reinstall W8 at a later date for any reason.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03481733?jumpid=reg_r1002_usen_c-001_title_r0001

HP Recommended

Actually it's H partition that hp drive encryption is decrypting 5 days now (without % sign). I have only my dropbox data there.  I could format that partition and downlad the data from dropbox again (it would take 1 day to download 60 GB of the data again from dropbox). D partition is HP recovery partition but I don't have any problems with it yet (i made a letter mistake in first post). I also made HP recovery media on USB stick.

Will hp drive encryption automaticaly update the status of H partition from 'Decrypting' to 'decyrpted', if I format the H: partition?

Will drive encyrption login window (WinMagic’s Pre-boot UEFI) (before the windows login) automatically be removed, if I format the H: partition? Will FilterBootOrder (FBO) variable automatically be removed, if I format the H: partition?

I imagine this is automaticaly done via decrytion of all partitions/disk in HP client security (which doesn't work correct at my computer).

Maybe afterwards the H: partition is formated and HP drive encryption status updated, I can then uninstall hp drive encryption and hp client security and install win10. This is another option.

HP Recommended

I don't know enough about it to answer correctly, sorry.

I doubt formatting it will remove any bootloaders added to  uefi, but not sure of that either, one reason I never use encryption myself, just to hard to manage in cases like these.

If you can I would wipe the drive completely and reinstall the original OS, then upgrade to 10, a pain I know.

HP Recommended

I had some unlocated space on disk. Created a new partition. Copied data from H: partition to the new partition. Removed the H: partition in disk manager. HP drive encryption automatically detected the new unencrypted partition and that the old encyrted one wasn't there anymore. Uninstalled HP drive encryption.

Encyrption login window (WinMagic’s Pre-boot UEFI) (before the windows login) was automatically removed.

FilterBootOrder (FBO) variable was automatically removed as well after the uninstall of HP drive encryption.

HP Recommended

Glad you solved it.

HP Recommended

After the uninstalation of the 'HP Security Client' the upgrade to windows 10 worked perfekt. So far everything is working fine (drivers, etc.) in Win10. I have HP Proobook 450 G2 if someone with this model is thinking about the upgrade.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.