Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
djspang Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can you add M.2 or mSATA SSD to HP Pavilion Star Wars 15t-an000na Special Edition Laptop?

15t-an000na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi - This was my Christmas treat for myself.

I've already upgraded the RAM from 6gb to 8gb (planning to go to 16gb at some point in the future). I'm planning to fit an SSD to replace the slow (to me) HDD (1TB) that came with it.

I've fitted and worked with many SSDs over the last 5 years (I work in IT and it's also my hobby), but have only used/upgraded to SATA SSDs.

Whilst surfing various sites, looking for SSDs, I've suddenly become aware of mSATA and M.2. type SSD modules, which (in some cases), would allow for both a SATA HDD/SSD AND another SSD (mSATA/M.2) to be running at once in the same machine. 

Have I raised my hopes too high? I've trawled the forums, the manuals etc and just cannot find an answer to this question.

Can anybody answer this for me please? I'm obviously aware that I can replace my SATA HDD with a SATA SSD,  just want to know whether I can use mSATA/M.2 also or instead of. Many Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
71869 8691 18692
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can you add M.2 or mSATA SSD to HP Pavilion Star Wars 15t-an000na Special Edition Laptop?

Hi,

Your machine supports M.2 SSD as mentioned in the following manual (page 3).

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04642845.pdf

In theory Yes. But, please read the manual, it implies upgrading some components including RAM will void warranty. Because they are under Authorized Service Provider parts  (Chapter 6).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
Zjonathan Top Student
Top Student
5 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

So I see the reference in the manual, but I have read several posts where people have removed the bottom cover and not found an M.2 slot. The component diagram conveniently leaves out the location and states that it is not depicted. Does anyone know where the slot is located?

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation