Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Intern
Intern
45 33 3 4
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can you help ?? Notebook will not turn on with power adapter

Hp pavilion dv7-4177nr NB
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello,

here is my dilimena.  My notebook will not turn on with adapter I purchased.  Took it to here I purchase and was told it is working.  I can turn on my notebook with battery.  I was told that possibly it is the excuse my explaining the hole here you plug in the adapter.  Now my question is there anything I can do or do I have to purchase a new 

Laptop.  Eventually the battery will die down and will not be able to use the power adapter.  Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated.

anna 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
21453 21272 1812 6818
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can you help ?? Notebook will not turn on with power adapter

@Steel16

System:

HP Pavilion dv7-4177nr Entertainment Notebook PC

Specificatons

HP PartSurfer lists both the AC adapter and the Power Cord for your computer

(Cord sold separately - scroll down the page to see).

Example / Excerpted:

A camera icon in this column next to a part number indicates that a diagram or photograph is available showing that part. Click on the icon to retrieve the diagram or photo.Add to CartClick to BuyPart NumberPart Description   RoHS
693712-001Smart AC power adapter (90W) - 100-240VAC input, 50-60Hz - 19.5VDC output, 4.62A, 90W, with power factor correction (PFC), and 7.4mm x 5.0mm barrel connector - Requires separate 3-wire AC power cord with C5 connector    COMPLY_2.07

490371-001Power cord (Black) - 3-wire conductor, 18 AWG, 1.8m (6.0ft) long - Has straight (F) C5 receptacle (North America)   COMPLY_2.07

When you see a Post that helps you,

Inspires you, provides fresh insight,

Or teaches you something new,

Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post.

Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation