cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 1 0 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Cannot Install AMD Radeon 8670m Graphic Card Driver

HP Recommended

Hai there,

I have purachsed HP Pavilion 15-n039tx Notebook  ( http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03964922 ) which has got a 2GB dedicated graphic card (AMD Mobility Radeon HD 8670M). I have downloaded the driver given in your site. While installing it, it gives the following error " Application Install : Install package failure!" I am running Windows 8.1. Have downloaded drivers 3-4times and tried installing but gives the same error. Tried again by re-installing Windows again but same problem. Then i downloaded its driver from AMD's site but again same error was shown. In device manager only Intel 4000 graphic card is shown. PLEASE HELP ME!!

AMD.jpg

AMD.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
5,889 6,265 450 1,229
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello chetan_gk,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand you are having issues installing the AMD graphics for your HP Pavilion 15. I would like to offer my assistance with this. I am providing you with a link to AMD High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver. This driver is for your computer running the Radeon HD 8670M and Windows 8.1.

This software should resolve your issue and let you begin enjoying your computer running Windows 8.1. Thank you for posting this issue on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sir it doesn't work. Gives the same error again. What should i do.? Should i go to your service centre? I have a doubt if the graphic card is installed at all!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have same problem with this. My laptop HP Pavilion 14-n037tx. I tried instal win 7,8,8.1, and 10 with last and compatible Amd Crimson Driver on each OS (not beta version) and face same problem (AMD INSTALL PACKAGE FAILURE and AMD driver not detected in device manager) please help us!

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation