cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
rachel681 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cannot backup before recovery

Pavilion 15

Hi - when I switched my laptop on last night I got a blue screen and a message saying " Recovery Your PC/Device needs to be repaired" and also gave an error code of 0xc0000001.

I tried going through the recovery process using F11 but when I got to the backup stage it stopped part way through with a couple of error messages. I can't start the recovery process if my files aren't backed up. What shall I do?

I'm using Windows 10.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
19,556 17,466 1,624 3,818
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cannot backup before recovery

rachel681

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but unless your PC came with Win10 preinstalled, pressing F11 is not going to work because the Win10 Upgrade is know to trash the HP Recovery information, thus preventing an HP Recovery from working after that.

So, if you did Upgrade to Win10, when did you do that and what was the prior OS -- and why are you trying to do a Recovery?

We can proceed once you provide the information.

Thanks

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation