cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
bigmacdave
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cannot boot ANY 64 bit on ProBook 6550b

ProBook 6550b
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
I installed a new drive in my 6550b and decided to go to 7 pro 64 bit. No matter what I do I can not get it to boot from a 64 bit dvd. I tried Vista, 7, 7 ultimate and 8.1 all 64 bit flavor. However, I can boot from any 32 bit with no problem. XP and 7. So needless to say I can't install.

What it does is boots from the dvd, run thru loading Windows files and then hangs at "starting Windows" you know, the screen right before it tell you to select a language.

Like I said, I can take the 64 disk out, put the 32 in, and it goes right thru

I have read about turning secure boot off, but my bios does not have that option (latest ver 60).

Is there a trick? I know these machines came with 64 also.

Thank you

David
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Level 1 dcdom321
Level 1
7 7 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cannot boot ANY 64 bit on ProBook 6550b

Hello David,

The only thing I can think of is to disable "UEFI BOOT MODE IN THE BIOS." This is under the System Configuration tab and then go into the "boot options."

UEFI Boot Node.PNG

If this doesnt fix it you may want to think about calling into our Elite Support Line (866-625-1175) and they may be able to help you get this fixed.

Thanks,
Dominic chacon

I am an HP Employee.

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post)

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation