Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Zoltan_7 Top Student
Top Student
4 2 0 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cannot connect external monitor via HDMI

hp spectre touchsmart 15-4010
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi - I am not able to connect an external screen to the laptop.

Nothing happens when I connect the screen to the laptop. Screen says: no signal. Laptop does nothing. Mirring says didn't found another screen.

Might be realted:

Ther is an error in Device Manager: ISB-IF xHCI USB Host Controller has an exlamation mark in a yellow triangle.

Thanks,
Zoltan

Zoltan
1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12360 12337 1165 2340
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cannot connect external monitor via HDMI

Hi @Zoltan_7,

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! This is a great location to get resolutions and interact with experts from the community. I understand that you need assistance with the computer not connecting to an external screen via HDMI port. It will be a delight to assist you.

At the outset, I am amazed at your awesome and splendid technical skills and expertise. It speaks volumes of your computer skills to check in device manager. Such exhaustive and copious attention paid to detail is greatly appreciated. Hats off to you on a job brilliantly done.

We appreciate you greatly for doing business with HP and I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you and regard you as a valued HP customer.

Please visit this link for further troubleshooting:  http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Spectre-XT-15-Ultrabook/5296019/model/5333249/document/c01186...  and perform all the steps in the link.

For the other error “error in Device Manager: "ISB-IF xHCI USB Host Controller has an exclamation mark in a yellow triangle.” Please visit these links to try and resolve the issue.

Link 1: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/USB-IF-xHCI-USB-Host-Controller...

Link 2: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-hardware/usb-if-xhci-usb-host-controller-...

I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the computer works great. Hope this helps. Please let me know how this works.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to appreciate my efforts. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution”.

Thanks and have a terrific week ahead.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation