Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
xraydelta Tutor
Tutor
2 1 0 7
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cannot connect to wifi after upgrade to windows 10

Pavillion HP G62
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Twice I have upgraded to Windows 10 in the last two days but each time after I cannot connect to my home wifi or indeed any wifi.

I have tried updating drivers, changing router channel before giving up and rolling back to Windows &.

Obviously I would like to upgrade but it's proving very difficult with my limited tech knowledge on the inner workings of the laptop though I am very good at following step by step instructions.

The problem is that once I have upgraded I cannot do anything because I have no internet to search for possible solutions.

Is there anyone who can help me sort this out and anything I need to do before upgrading again.

The wifi will connect to my home router but it shows as LIMITED and there is no internet access.

I would be grateful for any help.

Thank you.

system.JPG

Just to add, I am on Virgin broadband with a download of 95Mb. Connected by Ethernet or by wifi give the same limited error.

5 REPLIES 5
bryano16 Top Student
Top Student
3 2 0 1
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having the same issue! every one i talk to tells me that i just need to update my drivers, but i try that, even delete the drivers and reinstall them. nothing works. somthing about the wireless radio not migrating.

Lea1001 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 1
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem, can't connect my laptop to the internet for 5 days now. If someone knows how solve this problem please reply.

Lea1001 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 1
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

To anyone still having this problem, you need to uninstall then reinstall your antivirus software.

0 Kudos
Kelleychas Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

C'mon now...what would the anitvirus software have to do with being able to connect via wireless?? Its clearly an issue with the F12 key not being able to turn on the wireless connection

0 Kudos
Thobile Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a problem with my Windows 10 hp, I can't connect to the wifi in the same room as other laptops I have to go nearer to where the wifi is located or the router. If I move a bit of distance either by 2 metres away from it my laptop loses connection. Can you please assist how to solve this problem. I have tried all I know.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation