Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
welshwind Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cannot uninstall HP Client Security Manager - Error Applying Transforms

ProBook 450 G1
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Trying to install Windows 10. Uninstalled all components of HP Client Security Manager and thought I uninstall HP Client Security Manager as well. But it still appears on the programs list. When I try to uninstall it again, I get this error: 

Error applying transforms.  verifiy the specified transform paths are valid.

When attempting to install Windows 10 at this point, it indicates HP Protecttools needs to uninstalled (which I assume is HP Client Manager since that is what appears in the program listing .... in regedit, the two seem to be connected.)

I don't know what transforms are and have no idea on how to proceed. I see something about changing the path for the transform in regedit, but I don't even find a transform and HP Client Security associated in the registry.

When I try to use the Microsoft uninstall utility, it doesn't recognize that either Client Security Manager or Protecttools is installed (it is not on the list of applications presented) so I click Not Listed and it  asks me to provide Product Code for the software. I haven idea where to find that.

Any advice is appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY
Dean Dean
Dean
7970 632 2844
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cannot uninstall HP Client Security Manager - Error Applying Transforms

Hello,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support forum !

Since the installer is corrupted or actually the installation itself has messed up for some reason, let's try to repair it:

0)  Hopefully Windows System Restore function is active. Please, restore back your system settings to a restore point (date) prior to your initial attempts to uninstall the programs. More information and how to here >> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01835735#AbT6

If this passed successfully,

1) If HP Drive Encrytion is installed, download >>http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5405166&swItemId=ob_164648_1&swEnvOid=405...

2) For HP Client Security , download >> http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5405166&swItemId=ob_164558_1&swEnvOid=405...

When the installers are downloaded, run them both (or just HP Client Security if only it is installed). If the installation offers you repair or uninstall of previous version, choose to uninstall it.

Otherwise, proceed to install the latest version. It will repair the existing one.

There are certain things you SHOULD do before uninstalling HP Client Security.

HP Client Security often comes in combination with HP Drive Encryption software.

If your disk is currently encrypted by this software, you should first open HP Client Security -> click on Drive Security and follow the on-screen instructions to DECRYPT the HDD. Note that this is generally slow process and may take several hours or more depending your the amount of your HDD and your PC specifications.

You may also check if you have preboot authentication enabled. Open the HP Client Security home page -> click on the wheel Settings button -> Security Features and check there is no tick next to Power-On Authentication

With regards to HP Client Security and HP Drive Encryption, here are some screenshots with regards to these suggestions >>

https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!AEyZq_GEDdnNQnE&id=73EA0FA259008E8!107&cid=073EA0FA259008E8

Finally, please restart your computer (restart, not shutdown + start again)

Eventually, attempt to uninstall HP Client Security using the standard method from Control Panel >> Programs and features

Please, let me know how it goes.

**** Don't hesitate to hit the THUMB-UP+ button below to say THANKS or show appreciation
**** Mark this post as an ACCEPTED SOLUTION if it helps **** Thanks !

I am not employed by HP Inc. **** I express personal opinion only. **** HP Expert **** I work in IT and cyber security
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation