cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 2
20 9 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Cannot update or fix Support Assistant

HP Recommended

Pertains to Pavilion dv7-6157cl; The Support Assistant is corrupt. I've downloaded and tried to install sp54620 without success. Also tried to uninstall current  Support Assistant without success.

So I need some help on attacking this issue. many thanks.

Loy Banks - Gramps to 11
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 9
1,373 1,360 112 269
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

What happens when you try to uninstall?

You can follow the steps in the link below to uninstall HP Support Assitant though it is for Desktop but process is similar..

Troubleshooting HP Support Assistant

If it gets uninstalled then download the latest version from this link:

Download HP Support Assistant for Windows 7

Let me know if it doesnt work..

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 2
20 9 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry, it did not work. When I try to uninstall Support Assistant (Ver 6.0.5.4) thru the Control Panel, the Uninstall stops part way and tells me...Error 1316 A network error occurred while attempting to read from the C:\windows\Installer\HPSupport Assistanbt.msi.....

So I'm between a rock and a hard spot.. When I bring up the Support Assistant normally from the question mark, which by the has an exclamation mark there as well, at the top there is the wording "And Error Occurred" nIt's also not loading the complete info about my machine..specs and such.

I have the file sp54620, which is the current Support Assistant stored on my computer for reinstallation if we ever get to that point. This has been and is a good machine I bought about a year ago after getting out of the hospital.

So I still need help from you, or should I contact Support at HP? Thanks again.

Loy Banks - Gramps to 11
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9
1,373 1,360 112 269
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

ok..that was the general method to remove it..As that didnt work try these..

1. First go to the link below and click Run now..

Fix problems with programs that can't be installed or uninstalled

Once the system restarts and loads to desktop .press Control Alt Delete and Click Start Task Manager. Click Processes and if you see anything relatd to HPSA then right click and stop it.

Then try to uninstall HPSA again and check..

2. If still same error then perform a Clean Boot and then try to uninstall it because sometimes anti-virus and firewalls can also prevent uninstallations.

3. If this also doest work then Download this program and use it to uninstall HPSA.

Download Revo Uninstaller

Let me know if this also doesnt help..

Yes you can contact Tech Support too but as it is happening due to some software conflict they might ask you backup your data and perform a System Recovery (Factory Reset) which will definately fix the problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 2
20 9 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well my young friend, it looks like you have solved the problem. The FixIt Program solved it.

During this process another issue has developed with HP. Whern I reboot and the machine is booting up I'm getting the message....

HPConnectionManager.exe shoiws dialog box with message....

Cannot load assembly-caslshared, version=3.5.1.1, culture=neutralPublicKeyToken9ec6f83d5b7f3d097

So looks like I'm needing help with this one as well. Can you assist? Thanks much.

Loy Banks - Gramps to 11
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9
1,373 1,360 112 269
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes absolutely...Here is another post from the forum that'll walk you through the steps to fix it....

Click Here

Or,

Try this...

..Its great to hear that the HPSA problem got fixed....

Let me know if the connection manager doesnt get fixed..

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation