cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
MarkMX Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cannot update to Win10 ver 1607

HP ProBook 450 G1 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I tried to update to the edition 1607 of Windows 10 in this notebook that already had win 10 ver 1511 running properly. After downloading the update and start installation, everything went ok until restart time. In the middle of rebooting, computer stoped showing blue screen with error THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER. System unistalled  ver 1607 "returning to previous 1511 version".

I tried other two times to update, with the same blue screen. I started to look in the forums for help and update all the drivers, AMD radeon, PCI, etc.  By now I am almost certain that the problem is still the display adapter AMD Radeon. I have read and followed all instructions in this forum to update the driver, I even went to amd web page and used the auto detect & update drivers there with no success. Still every time that I try to update the blue screen appears again unistalling win updates returning me to the previous version.

Can you help me with this? Thanks a lot!

MARCO

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation