Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
MinnieMe2 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cannot use the up key in bios

Compaq cq1858
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)
Noticed I cannot scroll up and down or left and right in bios, I can only go one way. Is this correct that you only have the option to use down or right arrows, as this will be how I am unable to set the Legacy support to enabled and then arrow right to select yes.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES
Highlighted
MinnieMe2 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My notebook originally on Windows 8 but changed to Windows 7 ultimate which I have had no problems with for years, till the other day when entering my password I kept receiving error username and password incorrect. I am now getting error no boot drive found error 3F0. I have done a diagnostic test on hard drive and it passed. I have a Windows 7 ultimate disk but cannot get it to install. I have read that I need to enable Legacy Support but am unable to do this as I am cannot choose yes at the prompt, arrow keys do not move from the no position. Is there something else I can do or should be doing to get this to enable. Thanks
0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16542 952 2191
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @MinnieMe2,

You could try this. It might help.

If you can not change the Key functions or arrows up and down. Try taking the Notebook to a repair shop for a estimate. Maybe they could unknowing help. 

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation