Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
amila0330 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cant connecting to the internet using WIFI

HP 15-r231tx Notebook P
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

My problem is that my laptop says it is connected to the home Wi-Fi network, but I'm not able to access the internet through chrome,IE or firefox.But torrent working.cant update my internet security(kasperskey)

other laptops and phones working well with the router.

Please help.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY
Retired
Retired
14461 711 1898
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cant connecting to the internet using WIFI

Hi @amila0330,

Thank you for your inquiry. I understand that your notebook does connect to your wireless network but you are unable to access the Internet using the Chrome or Firefox browsers. You can access torrents, though. 

Have you tried clearing your cache and cookies in those browsers?

Does Internet Explorer work?

Have you run the Windows troubleshooter?

Have you checked for viruses and malware?

Have you tried removing and reinstalling the browsers?

If they were previously working, you could try restoring back to before this occurred. HP PCs - Using Microsoft System Restore (Windows 10, 8). If the issue remains try doing a refresh. HP PCs - Refresh Your PC to Resolve Problems (Windows 8)

Please keep me updated on your progress.

Thanks for participating in the HP Forums where we want to help you as well as others who may experience a similar issue as yourself. Please consider marking the post that resolves your issue as "Accept as Solution" to help other community members! To show appreciation for my efforts kindly click the "Thumbs Up"  below.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation