Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a HP Envy product code C8P48AV serial number [edited Serial Number by Moderator] TS 15 Notebook PC.

ABout 1 month ago my hard drive completly failed.  I purchased the computer in the USA but now live in SIngapore.  I brought the computer to HP SIngapore and they were able to honor the warranty and replace the hard drive and OS (WIN 8).

After getting the computer back I upgraded to WIN 8.1 which is what I had before the hard drive died.

Everything works fine except for the touch screen.  It works but not fully.  On the main page of windows with the squares and all your apps I can't scroll the screen unless I actually touch the scroll bars on the edges of the screen.  Same things happens on websites and in windows photo app.....  Before my hard drive failure I was able to do this.

I checked device manager and under human interface devices there is no touch screen listed.

I checked HP web site and found two graphics drivers and Intel one and a Nvidia one.  

Driver - Graphics
 (‏2)

Intel High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver 2013-11-08 , Version10.18.10.3304, 157.77M

NVIDIA High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver 2013-09-30 , Version9.18.13.2680, 323.99M

I installed the intel one and I received a warning that my current driver was newer I installed anyway and didn't fix it.

I tried to install the Nvidia one and was told there was no compatible hardware.  I have a Nvidia Geoforce sticker on my computer.

I have used the HP support assistant and it tells me there are no updates available.  I have run WIndows update...

Any ideas what the problem can be?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @Tareyton,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I have read your post on how you are not able to swipe or scroll with the touch screen on your notebook computer, and I would be happy to be of assistance!

Since the touch screen was working on your previous system configuration, I recommend recovering your operating system back to Windows 8 and then re-install all of the necessary drivers and updates. To do this, please follow this document on Backing Up Your Files (Windows 😎 as well as Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 😎

Once your system has Windows 8 installed again, please download and install the TPK Touch Panel Firmware, as well as all Windows and HP updates. When all of the driver software has completed installation, you can then proceed to upgrade your system to Windows 8.1. 

Please re-post with the results of your troubleshooting, and I look forward to your reply!

Regards Smiley Happy

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I tried to factory restore back to Win 8 and the recovery usb drive i made from the computer didn't work.  I received an error that some files were missing.

i ordered a recovery USB drive direct from HP and just tried a factory reset and it failed twice.

The error in the log is

[22:10:38.14] ChkErrBB.CMD : Detect some error during PININST_BBV.
[22:10:38.14] ChkErrBB.CMD : Check c:\system.sav\logs\BurnBootWarn.log
[22:10:38.14] ChkErrBB.CMD : or, check c:\system.sav\logs\BurnBootMerge.log

I ran a quick system test and everything passed.

Now I can't do anything with the computer.

Any recommendations?

HP Recommended

Hi I also have the same problem. do you have any idea how to solve it?

HP Recommended

Hello, 

I had a similar problem. Thankfully, I was able to find the solution. It is a specific driver. If you are having the same problems please follow these steps: 

1) Go to Device Manager (Windows Key+X, select it) 
2) Under the "Mice and other pointing devices" list find "USB Touchscreen controller", or the driver that's not your mouse/touchpad. 
3) Right click to select "Properties", click the "Driver" tab, and click "Roll back". 
4) After confirming, this will remove the driver from that list but bring up a bunch of new ones under "Human Interface Devices", where the touchscreen stuff logically should live. 
5) Make sure that all the other drivers are updated EXCEPT "USB input device". This is the one that moves it all to the mouse drivers. 

After a restart the driver didn't automatically reinstall like they usually do. If it does, run the "Show or hide updates troubleshooter" found here.  

I would like to think this is an issue from eGalax Touch, which is responsible for the driver, but if you do a search for "egalax touch acts like mouse" this is an issue dating back to Windows 7. Either a) Microsoft should stop doing business with them, b) Microsoft should provide a fix for how the driver interacts with the OS, or c) let the consumer know that there is an issue and how to fix it. Because it's the SAME ISSUE. v

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.