cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
12 8 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Caps/Num lock blinking 5 times (or 6 ?) after wifi card replacement

HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 840 G1
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite

Hi everyone,

So I recently bought this wifi card to be compatible with my hackintosh that I just installed. The installation went fine, but after replacing the wifi card, I couldn't boot anymore, and the caps and num lock keys blinked 5 times and then the fan started spinning very fast, making a loud noise. I waited almost 1 minute and powered it off. I tried everything, I successfully get to mac loading screen two times, but the loading bar stopped at about 15% and I got this message "panic(cpu 2 caller" in the top left corner of the screen. So I put the old wifi card, everything worked fine again (excepted wifi on mac obviously).

So I don't know what to do. In my school we all have this computer and some of my friends installed hackintosh without having this problem, and with the same wifi card. The only difference with my computer is that I got my motherboard replaced about 1 week ago, but there shouldn't be any difference because that was done by an HP technician so the motherboard should be the exact same as the old one...

One of my friend told me about a bios whitelist, that could be the cause of the problem. He told me to put adhesive on two specific pins of the wifi card to bypass it but that didn't change anything.

I checked this page and apparently these 5 blinks mean a general system board failure. That seems illogic, my motherboard have been replaced 9 days ago... but below I see that 6 blinks mean a BIOS authentification failure, actually I don't know if it blinks 5 or 6 times, because at the beginning, the num lock key blinks one time really fast and then the caps lock key starts blinking with num lock, so I don't know if it's 5 or 6 but a BIOS authentification failure seems more logic to me because of what my friend told me about the white list...

Thanks to anyone who will try to help.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
12 8 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Problem "solved" :

I tried with the wifi card of a friend who has the same wifi card, it worked fine, on the other hand, he tried with mine and it didn't worked. So the card is defective.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation