cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Beakuan Top Student
Top Student
6 3 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Caps lock and keyboard mouse problem

At first my caps lock kept on blinking when I turned on my laptop. Then I forced reset my laptop by taking out the battery. The lights were still blinking. Then I updated the BIOS of my laptop and the caps lock was not blinking anymore. A few minutes later it turned on by itself and had been turning on and off on its own ever since. Can someone please tell me what is wrong with my laptop and how do I fix it? Also my mouse is not working properly. I am unable to move my mouse which I have to wait for 5 minutes then I can move it around again. WHAT IS GOING ON?? Please help me solve this problem. It just only started today! I am using HP Pavillon Notebook 15 Windows 10
11 Jan 2016
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Retired
Retired
18,630 17,373 953 2,196
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi @Beakuan,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP 15 Pavilion Notebook and issues with the system not working correctly. You can do a system restore. System restore will help if something automatically updated and did not go well on the Notebook.

When performing a System restore please note remove any and all USB devices. Disconnect all non-essential devices as they can cause issues.

I recommend to restore the BIOS defaults.You could restore the BIOS with this document selecting the reloading the BIOS default settings. That way it will look at the Hardware installed on the Notebook.

Please let me know how this goes.

You can say thanks for trying to help by clicking the Thumbs Up below! Smiley Happy

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Beakuan Top Student
Top Student
6 3 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

So I have to 'restore factory settings' which would make my laptop to return to its original windows version, that is windows 7.
0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
18,630 17,373 953 2,196
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hey @Beakuan,

System restore would restore any updates that had been applied. If it is a new upgrade, then yes.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Beakuan Top Student
Top Student
6 3 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Do I select "Just remove my files" or "Remove files and clean the drive"?
0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
18,630 17,373 953 2,196
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hey @Beakuan,

I would remove the files and clean the drive. But be warned this will remove everything.

Thanks.

I work on behalf of HP

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation