Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
cmarkb Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Caught in continuous HP logo loop

HP Pavilion Notebook V2Z45AV
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Bought computer in August, 2016. I can get in and see computer info. It says born date 09/06/2016. Either HP or Windows 10 updated last night (10/29) and was in a recovery loop to begin with. I was able to save off the few files I had put on the system. I tried a restore but it did not find a restore point. I tried a system recovery with the CDs I created. Said there was a problem and recovery incomplete. Got caught in this loop for a while. Finally, held start button down for shutdown and now hung up in an HP logo loop. I was able to press the F11 (repeatedly) so that I could get the product info.

Computer was bought off amazon.com from LGI Electronics. I have put an email into them but I am stuck in the meantime and thought I would reach out to some HP support. What is going on?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
cmarkb Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Caught in continuous HP logo loop

Okay, did another reboot, pressed the f11 repeatedly and this time the recovery options came back. However, still nothing I have tried works. I am out a lot of money. I had this happen on an old HP, originally running Windows 7 and then upgraded with the free Windows 10. I thought is was a hard disk issue. Now that drive has been completely wiped and I cannot get the drivers needed to restore that one back to 7.

This notebook is NEW. It should not be having this problem. And if it is a problem between HP and Windows 10, then someone needs to help me straighten this out....

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation