cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
PJPaul
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Chaining Display port monitors through a HP Docking station

Elitebook 850g3 T9X36EA#ABU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi All,

I have a brand new Elitebook 850g3 (T9X36EA), a HP Slimline dock (D9Y32ET)  and two Dell P2415Qb 24" monitors.

My aim is to extend my desktop to the two external Dell monitors  whiclst still viewing the display on the EliteBook.

The monitors are DP monitors with MST technology so am able to set one as a primary and one as a secondary.

I can achieve my goal simply when the laptop is off the dock (See image)

DSC_0060.JPG

But on the dock I get nowhere with it. I noticed the dock had a firmware update on the drivers page which specifically talks about the DP functionality, but on running the update it tells me I am already running at the latest FW version on the dock.

At best, I can extend my desktop to one Dell monitor which duplicates to the other. I know my cabling is setup correctly and that the equipment is ok as it works off the dock, I have been banging my head for a while now, so any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Paul 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
PJPaul
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Chaining Display port monitors through a HP Docking station

Quick update.....

I have a Displayport to MiniDisplayport cable going from EliteBook to Monitor 1 which is set to MST Primary, and then a Displayort from the out channel on monitor 1 to minidisplayport to monitor 2 which is set to MST Secondary.

Cheers!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation