cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
troshea
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Change desktop background on Windows 7 starter on HP 110-1115CA notebook

I want to change the desktop background picture. I am the second owner of the HP 110 -1115CA notebook, Windows 7 starter edition. The previous owner had changed it to a photo of himself. I have read the the Windows 7 version does not give a person the ability to change the picture but there must be a way since it has already been done.  I right click on the desktop and the option to change background picture is not available.  Would anybody be able to help me this? I would even go back to the default, it would be better than looking at that picture. Thanks!

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Level 20
Level 20
110,372 100,549 15,705 24,143
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

0 Kudos
troshea
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks, I used the Oceanis to change the background. It seemed to have worked when I restarted the computer. The picture I chosen was there but only stayed for a few seconds. The original photo appeared and remained as the background. It looks like the two pictures are there but the man's photo will always be the background. I am really at a loss to how it was done. 

0 Kudos
Level 20
Level 20
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Can you just restore the PC to its factory settings?

Is there a recovery partition?

If so, you can try to recover the PC to its out of the box condition by starting the PC and at the beginning of the HP welcome screen, tap the F11 key to launch the recovery manager.

Follow the on screen instructions to reset the PC to factory specs.

Make sure you back up any files you don't want to lose before doing that.

0 Kudos
troshea
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I do see that there is a recovery manager. I may try that. I'm glad you mentioned to back up everything first. Otherwise, I would have lost the Microsoft Office that was installed. I will need to get the software before I try to go back to default settings. Thank you for your time. 

0 Kudos
Level 20
Level 20
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welc ome.

Yes, you will need to get the program installation disk & product key for MS Office.

If you are referring to the free MS Office Starter 2010, that cannot be restored.

It is not available for download, nor is it on the recovery partition.

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation