cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
lafs Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Changing Display HP-Compaq ELITEBOOK 840 G3 SERIES 14" With QHD (2560x1440) display

HP ELITEBOOK 840 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello

I buy last week my laptop HP-Compaq ELITEBOOK 840 G3 SERIES  14" with QHD (2560x1440) no touch.

unfortunately the resolution is too high and in some software i have serious dificilties to see the buttons or options on SQL Server when i try to attach databases for examples and also when i used windows RDP.

I try to change the resolution of graphic card, but lose much image quality and resolution.

I wonder if I can change this 14 "monitor (355 mm) QHD (2560 x 1440) LED Anti-Glare Ultra Slim UWVA by a 14" monitor (355 mm) FHD 1920 x 1080 Fine Screen FHD SVA antireflective with LED backlight, or else if you have a better suggestion, which would recommend to work on my laptop.

I usually work with programming software and all the time with sql server.

My display card is Intel HD 520 and my Product ID is : T9X24EA#AB9

It is possible to do this changes ?

What the cost for the display suggestion ?

Many thanks for your help

Best regards

Luis Santos

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Top Student dcdom321 Top Student
Top Student
7 7 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Changing Display HP-Compaq ELITEBOOK 840 G3 SERIES 14" With QHD (2560x1440) display

Hello lafs, 

I understand where you might be comining from in this. You have a small 14" monitor with High resolution and everything seems to be very small. 

So, my recommendation would be to try and lower the resolution and see if you can get it to a spot where you might feel comfortable.
Windows 10 Instructions:
1.Press the Win key on the keyboard and select Settings.
2.In System settings, select Display.
3.Select Advanced display settings and scroll down to bottom of page.
4.Select Resolution.
5.Set the resolution lower than (2560 x 1440).
6.Save changes

If that doesnt work, I would update the driver for the Intel Graphics. Then try and change the resolution again.
Link: http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=7815295&swItemId=ob_162126_1&swEnvOid=419...

After all this, if nothing works you should be ok with getting a screen with a lower resolution such as the 14" FHD 1920 x 1080.

Best of Luck,
Dom

I am an HP Employee.

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post)

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
0 Kudos
lafs Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Dom

Thank you for your response, the situation is exactly that you describe.

I try to change the resolution to 1920x1200 and 1920x1080, but i loose lot of image quality and the icons were flattened.

I have made the Update of the driver but the result are the same.

Also, i I browsed the site : http://www.laptopscreen.com/English/model/HP-Compaq/ELITEBOOK%20840%20

where i found display several FHD with lower resolution, but on the chat they told me that i  could have problems with flat cable maybe because the type of connector.

Can you give me your opinion about on this site what the display model i must buy and also if the flat cable or connector are compatible.

Best regards

Luis Santos

0 Kudos
Top Student dcdom321 Top Student
Top Student
7 7 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

So, my recommendation would be to call in to our Elite support team (866-625-1175) where they can give you good instructions on what to do as far as the replacement. Are you going to be doing the replacement or are you going to have someone do it for you?

I think the safer bet would be to possibly return the current computer and purchase one with the FHD Display. You can call

the Sales team at 1-800-888-9909 where they should able to help with that.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Dom

I am an HP Employee.

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post)

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation