Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP r-249tu
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello everyone

My laptop is perfectly charging till 99% but when it reaches to 99% it starts to connect and disconnect continuosly after every 5-10 seconds with blinking screen .  I have checked battery status using HP assistant and it is showing it in good condition . Also i have changed adaptor of another HP laptop but still the same problem is there. Help me in solving this issue.

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Greetings @NikhilS

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you have updated all the drivers on your computer using HP Support Assistant and when the battery charges till 99% it starts to toggle. 

Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own. 

Not to worry, I will be glad to help. 

Have you replaced the battery on your computer?

May I know the exact product number of your computer? Click here. Please do not share the serial number of your computer. 

Shut down the computer. 

Disconnect the battery and the power adapter. 

Wait for a minute. 

Connect only the power adapter and power on your computer. 

Once the computer boots to the desktop. 

Open device manager by doing a right-click on the Windows button. 

Uninstall   Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery

Please delete the driver when prompted and restart your computer couple times. 

Shut down the computer. 

Install the battery and power on your computer and check if this resolves the issue. 

Let me know if this resolves the issue you are facing.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks chimney 83 

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, every time you restart your computer after you uninstall the battery controller, Windows will refresh the driver automatically and it is normal. Please try the procedure mentioned below to get the battery icon back on the taskbar. 

Right-click on the Windows button. 

Select Control panel.

On the Control panel Window. (On the right side top of the control panel, click on View by category and change it to small or large icons)

Select notification icons. 

On the bottom of the notifications window, you will have an option to change System icons on or off.

There you have an option to Select which icons appear on the taskbar. 

Enable power/battery icon there. 

Let me know if this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello Chimney_83

Thanks for the reply

When I restarted my laptop , icon appeared on tray because system automatically updated that battery controller driver. My screen toggling problem is still there and that driver is causing the problem . What should I do next ?

HP Recommended

Hi! @NikhilS, I am the MrRobot. It looks like you were interacting with @Chimney_83, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

I appreciate your efforts for trying out the steps.

Please update the BIOS and chipset drivers on your PC and check if it helps.

Link to update BIOS.

Also, update chipset drivers using this link.

Let me know how it goes!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.