cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
JB959 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Charging problems Probook 4710s

Probook 47102
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Computer slows to a crawl when charging, expecially when on line. Running only on battery it works perfectly. Is it my battery? Charger? Something else?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Teacher Teacher
Teacher
109 109 10 14
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HI ,

I would request you to perform the below steps and check the issue,   1. Click Start -> in search window type 'Device Manager'  2. Open Device Manager > expand Batteries > Uninstall Microsoft ACPI - Compliant Control Method Battery  3. Remove the battery > after about one minute, insert the battery, then in device manager > click Scan for hardware changes , the battery meter should be displaying Plugged in, charging .

//Click on Kudos and Accept as Solution if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

I am an HP employee!!

r-K

0 Kudos
JB959 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Suggestion did not work. Here is the situation: (1) When the charger if plugged in the yellow light on the side of the machine is lit. The battery icon on the screen shows it is plugged in but the dashes across the icon only  appear for 5 seconds. (2) Charging is very slow and doesn't charge the battery over 15% capacity. (3) When the charger is disconnected the computer functions perfectly, very fast. If the charger is plugged in the computer slows to a crawl.

0 Kudos
Teacher Teacher
Teacher
109 109 10 14
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi ,

Could you try restore power options in windows 10 ?

Step 1: Type power in the search box on desktop, and choose Edit power plan from the result.

Step 2: Click Restore default settings for this plan.

Step 3: Select Yes to reset the power plan's settings.

//Click on Kudos and Accept as Solution if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

I am an HP employee!!

r-K

0 Kudos
JB959 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The default option was not available.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation