cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
johmut Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Chromebook 13 + 4K External Monitor @ 60HZ ?

Chromebook 13 G1
Chrome OS

What can I use to connect my external monitor and run 4K @ 60Hz from my HP Chromebook 13 G1 ?

HP Chromebook 13 G1 has two USC-C Type 3.1 Gen 1 and can connect to a 4K external monitor, but how ?

AFAIK USB-C Type 3.1 Gen 1 is limited to 5Gbps, where 4K @ 60Hz needs 6Gbps ?

• "DisplayPort Alternate Mode" might do it, but I’m not sure the Chromebook supports it ?
  • Apparently DisplayLink can do it (support built into ChromeOS 51+) as they provide the internals for HP’s Elite USB-C Docking Station G2 that connects the Chromebook to one 4K monitor or two 2K monitors, presumably @ 60Hz ?
  • StarTech seems to have found a way with their CDP2HDUCP ? 
  • Delock has their S_62730 that claims it can do it ?

I need to be sure before I order ...

TIA and 

Cheers from Belgium,

JohMut

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
gaz8080 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Chromebook 13 + 4K External Monitor @ 60HZ ?

Hi Johmut,

Did you get this to work? I would like to connect mine to a 4K tv. 

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation