cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
TH31 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Chromebook 14 G4 drops WiFi connection

Hp Chromebook 14 G4
Chrome OS

Have several Chromebook 14 G4 that drop their WiFi connection and then will not find any wireless networks until after a restart. 

This happens often when waking from sleep and the Chromebook will not reconnect as scanning for wireless networks comes up with nothing until the device is restarted   Turning the WiFi off and back on again does not resolve the problem.   

Version 50.0.2661.103 (64-bit)

Platform 7978.74.0 (Official Build) stable-channel kip

Firmware Google_Kip.5216.227.25

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
1979 1975 183 585
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

#HPExpertDay

I guess you may have to run a power wash. Also check for new updates.

Wish you luck,
Karthik

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post)
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
0 Kudos
TH31 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

A powerwash has been performed and Chrome is running with  latest update but the problem persists.

0 Kudos
Centauri0 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm having the same issue with our chromebooks at our school. Newly bought a few weeks ago. Wifi drops out and the available networks show nothing until after a restart. There has to be something going on. I'll be calling hp Monday.
0 Kudos
Dmaxwell Tutor
Tutor
9 7 1 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had one of these loose it ability to "see" any networks.  I replaced the wireless card, reloaded the OS and triedn an entire display assembly (with wifi antennas), all with no change in symptom.  I've sent it in to HP for repair (left on Friday).

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation