cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Chromebook HP 11 Model:CB2 won't charge/turn on

From the DAY that I got the laptop, the charger wasn't working, at Best Buy they told me that because I didn't get warranty I couldn't do anything about it. I went online and saw that other people had this problem too, so I figured I'd have to get used to this. 7 months later on my birthday October 17, 2014 the laptop shuts off while I was watching a video. I figured it overheated because sometimes I use it with the charger plugged in. I left it to charge and even tried the hard reboot...it wouldn't turn on. I came back a few hours and it was working. The next day it shut off again. From the 18th until now all I have been trying to do is get it to work. 

I've tried hard rebooting

I've tried pressing the power button and plugging in the charger, which usually worked when the laptop wouldn't charge, but this time it doesn't. Maybe 2 weeks ago I noticed that when it was dead (I didn't know because it would die over night) I would try to power it up and it would give me a red battery with an "!" in the middle. It never did that before.

I've left it to charge over night, I left it without the charge overnight.

A couple of times the charge light will turn on then it will shut back off and I'll hear a whirring sound. Can someone PLEASE help me! I wouldn't have bough it if I had known it would be such a pain in the neck! 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Retired
Retired
7,771 6,895 450 845
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there @Libraxo

If you purchased that Chromebook within the last year,then I would recommend calling in to the technical phone support line at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Be sure to have your full product and serial number handy when you call in.

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The solution to an intermittent shut down, and erratic charge behavior is to replace the main board. I do a lot of them. 

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation