cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
koa73
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Chromebook switched off

Chromebook 14q
Chrome OS

My ChromeBook write:
"Chrome OS is missing or damage ..."
But I can't to do anything for recover OS because it's switched off by himself after 30 sec.
What is the reason of switching off May be it's sleep mode, may be anithing else?

I tryed to swithed to Developer mode, but it switched off and I can't do it again
And I don't known in which mode is it now

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Level 10
4,161 4,159 563 1,274
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Chromebook switched off

Dear Customer,

• Turn off the computer.
  • Disconnect all peripheral devices and remove all USB devices and media cards.
  • Disconnect the AC power adapter. If the Chromebook features a removable battery, remove the battery.
  • Press and hold the power button for at least 7 seconds.
  • Reconnect the AC power adapter.
    If you removed the battery, do not reconnect it at this time.
  • Turn on the computer.
    If the computer starts, you are done

If not, You probably have to perform System Recovery.

Please go through this troubleshooting document : http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03665293

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee

0 Kudos
koa73
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Chromebook switched off

I can't recowery because it;s switched off

0 Kudos
Level 10
4,161 4,159 563 1,274
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Chromebook switched off

Dear Customer,

If you have tried hard reset and if it did not help, then I would like to that this could be a hardware issue and I strongly recommend you to Contact HP Technical Support over the Phone for further assistance without any delay to get your Notebook diagnosed and serviced by an authorized HP Certified Engineer

If theunit is under HP Warranty, HP will service it for no cost

You can also http://support.hp.com/us-en/checkwarranty to verify the warranty status

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation