cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
lamo668
Level 1
12 6 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Cleaning temporary files

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When i click on settings, and  go to storage it reads 5.17 GB, then i click on delete temp files. It says come back and check status. I do that and it still reads 5.17 GB. How do i remove these files because it is taking up so much space. I do the disk cleaning and everything i can think of...but these files remain. PLEASE HELP

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
lamo668
Author
Level 1
12 6 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
It says 20.8GB. Here is what happens, I click on the desktop icon, then I click on settings, then I click on system (under system it says displsy, notifications, apps, power). I click on that...I then scroll dpwn to where it says storage. I click on that. Then I click on this pc its says 25.3GB used out og 28.7GB. I then click on that and scroll down to where it says Temporary files it reads 5.17GB and has a green line under it. I click on that, then I click on Delete Temporary Files. A message appears "Are you sure you want to delete all known temporary file caches?" I click Yes i'm sure. Then another message appears" We're cleaning your temporary files. Come back in a bit to check out the results"...I do that, come back after a hour and nothing has changed. It still reads 5.17GB. Please note I do not turn off my laptop. So what is going on here.
0 Kudos
lamo668
Author
Level 1
12 6 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
says 20.8GB. Here is what happens, I click on the desktop icon, then I click on settings, then I click on system (under system it says displsy, notifications, apps, power). I click on that...I then scroll dpwn to where it says storage. I click on that. Then I click on this pc its says 25.3GB used out og 28.7GB. I then click on that and scroll down to where it says Temporary files it reads 5.17GB and has a green line under it. I click on that, then I click on Delete Temporary Files. A message appears "Are you sure you want to delete all known temporary file caches?" I click Yes i'm sure. Then another message appears" We're cleaning your temporary files. Come back in a bit to check out the results"...I do that, come back after a hour and nothing has changed. It still reads 5.17GB. Please note I do not turn off my laptop. So what is going on here.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation