Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Got it! Finaly done! 🙂 However, it stil sits in the post screen for quite some time, i ran setup defaults and its that moment when the HP logo disappears and it reads ethernet boot in the screen, i disabled ethernet boot from bios, but it still stays in that same spot for a long time (~40sec thats long time for me) it doesnt say anything about ethernet boot anymore, only "F10 = ROM based setup" reads on the bottom left corner. Are there any means to make it post faster?

HP Recommended

I'm trying to think here...

You set the PC to boot from the HDD first, correct? 

That ensures the fastest boot time without the PC seeking other bootable devices before getting to the HDD.

You can always boot up the notebook and at the beginning of the HP welcome screen, you tap the F9 key to launch the one time boot menu where you can select a device to boot from, from the list of bootable devices.

Under the system configuration menu, boot options sub menu, you disabled the internal network adapter boot, correct?

Have you set theSet f9, f10, and f12 delay when starting up to the lowest value?

That means you will have to be fast on the draw.  :generic:

You have set the express boot delay to 0 seconds?

HP Recommended

Yes, all delays are set to "0 sec" multiboot, floppy and CD-ROM boot are disabled and HDD is set first in boot priority.

I'm beginnig to think that this is more like feature than a fault.... 😕 It just feels like forever when it starts up.. though i'm used to computers that bootsrelatively fast.

HP Recommended

Notebooks take longer to boot than desktops.

I'll have to count how long my 6930p hangs on the welcome screen.

It takes about 50 seconds for it to get to the windows logon screen.

It sure isn't as fast as my desktop.

HP Recommended

Ok, just timed the startup. I takes allmost 2 mins to get the "starting windows" screen, and about 2:20 to get to desktop. Imo, thats not normal. Even for laptop this "old".

HP Recommended

You are probably right that something is off.

I have just timed my 6930p's boot from pushing the switch to getting to my log in icon and it took exactly 53 seconds.

So, I was pretty much correct in my estimate yesterday.

The problem is, I don't know what you can do about it. You have already tweaked the BIOS settings.

The only other thing I don't see that you did is to do a hard reset of the notebook. I have no idea if it will fix the problem but since you didn't run it, I would do it because you have nothing to lose by doing so.

Below is the link for info on how to perform a hard reset of a notebook.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=c01684768&prodT...

Paul

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.