cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
jbird8675309
Level 1
17 13 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Compaq Presario CQ56-115DX cooling options

Compaq Presario CQ56-115DX amd
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi I already did a cooling overhaul with this laptop I vacuum, dusted, cleaned heatsink and fan assembly, replaced thermal paste with artic mx4 paste and as of right now typing from laptop with a laptop cooler underneath laptop to drop temps.  I figured out the issue with my laptop and its cooling related the problem i have is instead of replacing the fan and heatsink assembly what are alternatives to getting this laptop to under safe operating  tempertaure requirements to 40*C to 50*???

Are there any heatsink and stronger fan assembly's that will fit with this model laptop????? What would u recommend to help aiding in cooling to drop temps to safer working operation?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Level 17
Level 17
41,363 41,149 6,495 11,318
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Compaq Presario CQ56-115DX cooling options

What temperatures are you getting? The problem is that laptop cooling systems are unique proprietary designs. There is no alternate heatsink although they do use standard laptop cooling fans. There just aren't any new and improved fans on the market. 

40-50C is a bit agressive for a cooling target. If the processor is engaged to any extent you are likely to see more like 60-80C, which is not a problem. Anything 90C and above starts to be damaging over time.

http://www.tomsguide.com/forum/82195-35-safe-laptop-temperatures-precuations

You can try polishing the top of the processor core and the bottom of the heatsink and make sure you use a wafer thin coating of cooling compound. Some have used very thin sheets of copper between heatsink and top of processor to help wick away heat.

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation