Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Reddirt-iron1 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Compaq presario CQ57 key board few keys not working due to water spill

Presario CQ57
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I got compaq Presario CQ57 with product number: LR785PA#ABG bought in Australia. Small quantity of water spilled on my key board, i immediatly shut my computer and wiped it with towel and tried to dry with hair drier. All my efforts gone waste, currently few key on my laptop are not working.

Is this laptop got a replacable key board... if yes pls provide part number to source one. Along with key board part number would you be able to provide "how to replace key board" video.

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY
Regents Professor Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4162 560 1229
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post

Compaq presario CQ57 key board few keys not working due to water spill

Dear Customer,

Sorry to know to that there was a liquid spill.

Before you replace the keyboard, please connect an external USB keyboard and check if all the keys working.

If YES, Then only replace the Keyboard. Because there could be a possiblity of liquid damaging the Circuit Board and replacing keyboatrd will not help us.

Below is the Maintenance and Service Guide for your PC, Kindly go through.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02786367

NOTE:

Page 46 for Removal and replacement procedures.

Page25  Illustrated parts catalog-  Part number for replacement Keyboard.

NOTE:

To watch remove/replace Videos use http://thesml.hp.com/

Select FRU Remove replace, towards your left

SML.JPG

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation