Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavillion dm1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I would like to update the existing Ralink RT3090BC4 802.11b/g/n WLAN wireless adapter ina a Pavillion dm1 laptop with possibly a Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 card or other similar card. Will this be compatible?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Greetings @DeeeB

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are looking to upgrade the wireless card on your computer, is that right?

Not to worry, I will be glad to assist you. 

However, for me to be able to check and provide compatible wireless cards, I would need the exact product number of your computer. Click here

Please do not share the serial number of your computer. 

As a workaround, you get a USB wireless adapter for your computer instead of changing the wireless card as well. 

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply. The product no. is C7E70PA#ABG

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and providing the product number of your computer. 

Please click here for the service guide of your computer. 

Refer to page number 48 in the service guide for the list of tested wireless cards and the procedure to replace it. 

Let me know if this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Chimney_83. I have the same thing only my laptops model is HSTNN-I24C its an HP 355 G2

Product no: K7H44ES # ABD

Im just finding out that a lot of wifi card brands dont support HP. Why is this so?

Plese let me know which one would be the best replacement for my laptop.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

@TomG808

Hello,
Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately, based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. I recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/forums/postpage

To be more helpful with your post, you may add key information if you wish:
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A

2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit

3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows

4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.

If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message.

Thank you.

I work on behalf of HP.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.