Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
11-13-2012 01:49 PM
Receiving the following error message when opening Office Word 2010:
Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications
Compile error in hidden module: AZWizardModul.
This error commonly occurs when code is incompatible with the
version, platform, or architecture of this application. Click ‘Help; for
information on how to correct this error.
Microsfot Office Word 10 has never been a problem.
Recently purchased a new HP i7 laptop, have had problems since..
Have attempted several online solutions but nothing has worked.
11-14-2012 02:27 PM - edited 11-14-2012 02:28 PM
Hello StanleyBogacz. I understand that you're encountering this error when launching Word 2010. Is this correct?
The module it is referring to is an Avery Label Wizard template. Do you have Avery Label Wizard? It is not compatible with Office 2010. Here is a Microsoft Answers thread on the topic.
In any case, it would be a good idea to remove this template and attempt to use Word again. Follow these directions as this in a hidden folder within Windows.
- Click Start, type "C:\users\\appdata\roaming\microsoft\templates" and press Enter.
- Locate the AZWizardModul.
- Right click this module and delete it.
- Close any Word windows and re-open it.
- Verify that the error is no longer there.
The easiest way to find your computer name is to click Start. Then right-click Computer and this will open the System Information window. In the middle area is a section labeled "Computer Name," it will be listed here.
I hope you find this information helpful; have a great day!
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"
Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.
12-13-2013 03:51 PM - last edited on 04-20-2016 10:55 AM by OscarFuentes
Hello Virtual_Gent. I understand you are experiencing difficulties following the instructions. I would like to assist you! First, I need the exact error, and the following information:
1. The computer model number. If you require assistance locating this information, please reference this website: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108
2. Your operating system. If you require assistance locating this information, please reference this website: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows/which-operating-system
Please respond as soon as you can so I can assist you. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!