cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
StanleyBogacz
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Compile error in hidden module: AZWizardModul.

HP Recommended

Receiving the following error message when opening Office Word 2010:

=========================================================

Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications

Compile error in hidden module:  AZWizardModul.

This error commonly occurs when code is incompatible with the

version, platform, or architecture of this application.  Click ‘Help; for

information on how to correct this error.

=========================================================

Microsfot Office Word 10 has never been a problem.

Recently purchased a new HP i7 laptop, have had problems since..

Have attempted several online solutions but nothing has worked.

Stanley Bogacz
4 REPLIES 4
AttackofZaq
Level 9
4,472 4,380 257 823
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello StanleyBogacz. I understand that you're encountering this error when launching Word 2010. Is this correct?

The module it is referring to is an Avery Label Wizard template. Do you have Avery Label Wizard? It is not compatible with Office 2010.  Here is a Microsoft Answers thread on the topic.

In any case, it would be a good idea to remove this template and attempt to use Word again. Follow these directions as this in a hidden folder within Windows.

1. Click Start, type "C:\users\\appdata\roaming\microsoft\templates" and press Enter.
  2. Locate the AZWizardModul.
  3. Right click this module and delete it.
  4. Close any Word windows and re-open it.
  5. Verify that the error is no longer there.

The easiest way to find your computer name is to click Start. Then right-click Computer and this will open the System Information window. In the middle area is a section labeled "Computer Name," it will be listed here.

I hope you find this information helpful; have a great day!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Virtual_Gent
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I get an error message, of no such location, when I type in the address as it is written on your solution to the fix to this problem.

William Bonfiglio

SuperMario1
Retired
Retired
5,085 6,003 326 1,049
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Virtual_Gent. I understand you are experiencing difficulties following the instructions. I would like to assist you! First, I need the exact error, and the following information:

1. The computer model number. If you require assistance locating this information, please reference this website: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

2. Your operating system. If you require assistance locating this information, please reference this website: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows/which-operating-system

Please respond as soon as you can so I can assist you. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
Marlton
5 5 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have Office 2016 so the location was different, but the solution the same. Strange uninstalling the program, did not remove the template, sitll had to remove it manually. 

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation