Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Malps Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Computer freezes up while playing games

Pavilion x2
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

My husband likes to play Free Cell, Spider Solitarire and Mahjong on the notebook computer Pavilion x2 but after about 5 minutes, the computer freezes up and won't let him go any further.  Used to be he could stay on for 20-30 minutes, but now after 2 or 3 minutes, he can't go any further.  It doesn't seem to happen when I send emails.  Anybody know why??

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
44410 44146 3309 13855
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Computer freezes up while playing games

If you have never cleaned your X2 it might help to get a can of compressed air, sold at most any store that carries pc's and/or accesories. Use the tiny straw that comes with the can and blow out all vents, ports and other openings to insure good airflow through the case. I usually clean my laptops every 6 months.

A laptop cooling pad with fan underneath it might help too if it is overheating. The games he is playing aren't really demanding but could be causing heat issues in a lower spec laptop.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation