cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Lpraamsma
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Computer not charging, but battery is fine.

Hello!

I have a Dv7t-6100, custom ordered from 2011. In the last year or so I've replaced the fan and the screen. I'm a little frustrated now.

The computer as of right now, will not charge. The battery on the computer is one of those larger ones...either way, the battery is fine. I thought it may have to be calibrated but when I did that it said it "Passed" so, I assume the battery itself is fine. Still holds a charge lasting between 1-3 hours when at 100%

However about an hour ago, it stopped charging entirely. Over the last month or so I've had varying issues with charging, one time being the "plugged in, charging' while it was in fact, not charging or the 'plugged in, not charging' which speaks for itself.

I'm pretty sure I know what the problem is, that the power control chip is blown, busted or otherwise incapacitate right now, but I'm hoping maybe, just maybe I am wrong and I don't need to trash this computer.

Thanks

Lydia

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Level 4 appleblossom
Level 4
91 79 6 25
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Lydia,

Found this elsewhere on the forums, from DavidPK:

"Hi,

Download and run the stand-alone battery test utility available on the page below and see if this reports any problems with your battery.

http://h20239.www2.hp.com/techcenter/battery/battery_ts.htm "

If that's the test you ran already, or if the battery passes, I also found these steps on the forums, from parrjj01:

"Device Manage -> Batteries - Uninstalled Microsoft ACPI-Complient Control Method Battery -> Removed my battery from my laptop - waited about a minute -> put it back in and scanned fo hardware changes."

Let us know if this helps!

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Lpraamsma
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Neither seemed to do any good. Battery still not charged and depleting. Test also says that it cannot give me results because the battery is not plugged in.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation